Header

 photo DSC_0141.jpg

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Recent Conversations

While getting ready to lay down to take a nap, Lilly looked at me and said, " I can't reach the sky." I told her, "I can't either!" She looked at me with big wide eyes and said, "Maybe daddy can reach it?" (Can you tell she loves her daddy and she thinks he can do anything?)

Lilly, "I want a snack."
Mommy, "you can have an apple or banana."
Lilly, "I WANT COOKIES!"
Mommy, "That's not a choice."
Lilly, "I NEED COOKIES!"

Mommy, "Let me help you with that!"
Lilly, "I TOLD YOU!"

I told Lilly it was time to take a nap. She said, "No, Time out!" She has realized if she's in time out, she doesn't have to go to sleep! I told her, "It's not funny!" She looked right at me while laughing and said, "Yes it is funny!"

Lilly will often poke and pat Maggie. I've told her over and over to be gentle. She will poke or pat Maggie really hard, then proceed to do it gently, while looking at me and say, "Is this gentle?" Boy, I can't wait until Maggie starts grabbing at her face!

Lilly will often climb up into our laps while we are holding Maggie and say, "I've got Two girls!" (That's what daddy says!)

She has learned the concept of the words Yesterday, Morning and Tonight. She looked at me and said, "We can go to the library, member Mommy you said yesterday!"

2 comments:

kate said...

she's such a smart cookie!!! I NEED COOKIE! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.