Our summer vacation is coming to an end! We are sad to see it pass by so quickly but excited to see what the new school year brings. We had three goals this summer... getting potty trained, getting rid of the dooders, and getting her to sleep in her own bed for the whole night!
We have accomplished two out of the three. The dooders officially went night night. If we only knew it would have been as easy as it was, it would have happened a lot sooner:)
Potty training is almost 100%! She hasn't had an accident in a couple days. She is even waking up dry in the mornings. As Elmo says, "Accidents happen and that's OKAY!" She does look pretty darn cute in her Elmo panties I must add.
As far as getting Lilly in her own bed, we haven't quite accomplished that yet. She does sleep for half the night in there. Maybe it's just mom and dad being too lazy to fight the battle during the middle of the night. But, in the end I guess I really don't mind too much.
Her language skills have come full circle within the last month. She is putting whole sentences togther. You can actually hold a conversation with her now. Some recent quotes from her are:
Mama, "Lilly where is your juice!"
Lilly, "It's under there, it's hiding!" (pointing to the couch)
Lilly, " I miss you Mama!"
Lilly, "Mommy it's raining!"
But, I do believe one of the cutest things she is doing now is saying...
"I Love YOU!" While signing it! I've yet to capture it on video yet because she seems to be more interested in the camera then performing for me:)
She is couting from 1 -13. However her colors are not her strong suit. Everything is Green! She has recently become interested in letters and numbers while we are reading books. She wants you to tell her every letter on the page now. She points to each one and waits for you to say the letter.
I hope everyone has enjoyed their summer as much as we have! I know Mommy is going to miss her little girl, but I know she will be in good hands:)

No comments:
Post a Comment